Career Advice

Jmcnelly

Holocene
Jul 19, 2020
Hi Everyone,
After switching majors from geology 30 years ago, I ended up a police officer with many years as a major city detective. I am now in a command position and retiring in a few years. I've always regretted not pursuing geology. As I look toward a second career, I would like to explore pursuing geology again and was wondering how I might blend my career of investigative expertise with geology or earth science. Is there anyone out there in the field that could give some advice on areas to explore it career options? I am open to further education.
Thank you for your time .. Joel

James Smith

Holocene
Jun 22, 2020
Mineral exploration and investigation are very similar. You can either look for a job or start a consultancy firm in mineral/groundwater/petroleum exploration. I guess it requires some investment and contacts in the industry.

About us

• Geology Buzz is a forum for all Geologists and Earth Science enthusiasts. Our community has many great things to offer to the students and professional of all Earth Science fields including Geology, Geophysics, Geochemistry, Hydrology, Geography, Engineering Geology and Environmental Geology. Let's Rock!

Quick Navigation

User Menu